[OS X TeX] Filenames with spaces (was: Number of pages with AppleScript in TeXShop)

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 20 20:34:59 CEST 2005

On 19 Oct 2005, at 23:16, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 19.10.2005 um 21:55 schrieb Maarten Sneep:
>
>> What is the official syntax when one want to input or include a
>> file in tex or in latex?
>
> \includeonly{FirstFile,file-2,Another_File}
> \include{File}
>
> \input{some_file}    % in LaTeX
> \input some_file    % in TeX
>
> The extension is always supposed to be ``.tex´´

I'm not _that_ new to tex or latex. I was referring specifically to
file names with spaces,
since that is now officially supported in web2c/pdftex. Some
syntactic sugar must have
been added to tex to support these, otherwise the space would
terminate the filename,
and the file would never find that file.

Maarten