[OS X TeX] LaTeX with Chinese Characters

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:28:40 CEST 2005

On 10/20/05, Jung-Tsung Shen <jushen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right.
> >
> > Information is at http://scripts.sil.org/xetex.
> >
> > As you used i-Installer for TeX, etc., that's also the easiest way to
> > install Xe(La)TeX. In the list of directories within i-Installer,
> > there's "Jonathan Kew's i-Directory"; open that, and you'll find an i-
> > Package that installs XeTeX into your existing setup.
> >
> > If you run into difficulties, there's also a dedicated XeTeX mailing
> > list, which is a great place to get answers and advice from a number
> > of helpful users. (See http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex.)
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Jonathan

Jonathan, I already installed the XeTeX extension via i-staller. It
was a breeze to install. Now, I would like to ask, In TexShop (v. 2.03
+ Mac X 10.4.2):

TeXShop Preferences -> Typesetting -> Default Command,

if I change from "LaTeX" to "Command Listed Below (XeLaTeX)", do I
have to switch back and forth for non-Chinese documents? Or, the
XeLaTeX supersedes (i.e., encompasses) LaTeX?

I decided to post here, rather than XeTeX forum, since I thought it
relates to the use of TeXShop, and some people here might be
interested as well.

Thanks.

JT