[OS X TeX] LaTeX with Chinese Characters

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:39:41 CEST 2005

On 10/19/05, Claus Gerhardt <gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Typesetting with the cjk package is really slow even on fast Mac. I
> would strongly discourage anyone to use it, recommending xelatex or
> xetex instead, which offer typesetting speeds similar to that of an
> ordinary tex document.
>
> Claus

Stephen, Jonathan, William, and Claus,

Thanks very much for all the very helpful information. It looks like
xe(la)tex is the way to go. Now the stupid question ... where and how
can I install xe(la)tex? I suppose it's an extension of my existing
LaTeX installation, so I am not building another mansion, right?

Thanks.

JT