[OS X TeX] latexdb & texshop

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Oct 13 22:59:15 CEST 2005

Am 13.10.2005 um 17:16 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Then it sounds as though TeXShop doesn't know that the original file
> has changed. Wow, that is definitely a bad practice!

Bad practice by whom or by what?

To me it's TeXShop that's incorrectly working. All editors I know
become aware of a change in the file they've loaded before for editing.
And TeXShop notices this with PDF files already. Why is it failing with
a TeX file?!

I think it's a necessary enhancement to sense whether the TeX input
file has changed.

I am CC'ing my answer to Richard Koch. Could be he's not aware of this
and not paying attention to this thread because of other work.
Approximately 1h ago I opened a TeX file in TeXShop 1.40 on Panther
(Mac OS X 10.3.9). Then, in Terminal, I attached twice with 'cat >>
file' comments to the file -- TeXShop takes no notice!

--
Greetings

   Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler. (Albert Einstein)