[OS X TeX] latexdb & texshop

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Thu Oct 13 07:46:31 CEST 2005

Herb,
last night I tried (almost: tcsh) exactly what you suggested, and it
didn't work at all; this morning I retried (bash), and it does work
on the first run. To be more precise: it does work as long as I don't
have to save my file before calling latexdb; if I need to save
changes in the file, texshop still complains the way I mentioned in
my last mail.

  Another question: Since latexdb only generates a dvi-file, not  a
pdf-file, I tried to extend the script as follows:

#!/bin/bash
latexdb "$1"
dvipdfm "$1"

But now dvipdfm looks for "example.tex.dvi" instead of "example.dvi",
and gets stuck.
Sorry for being so ignorant.
Ingo

P.S. to Claus: I did try it both ways, i.e. with and without the
extension .tex, but the problem persisted.