[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Packages release

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:18:05 CEST 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 10:41 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Where did you have the map files?

The map file is at:

~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/ifmath/iffonts.map

> If they were in your personal tree check to make sure they are
> still there.

Yes, as I indicate above, it is still there.

> If not, get them from a backup and you may have to do an updmap-sys
> to enable the maps and add them to the list. I think (big
> assumption here) that the distribution will delete map files in ~/
> Library/texmf/fonts/map/*/updmap/.

I thought about that, but when given the option, I have been telling
it to keep my stuff. I think that the window was titled something
like "Individual user configuration handling?". I told it to "Keep as
is". Is this what you are referring to? Should I have done something
else?

> PS I have no problem with the informal math fonts here but I
> installed them in texmf.local.

I would really like to know what happened here. I must say that I am
not the most novice user and I am finding all of these choices to be
more confusing all the time. I really wish that more information was
provided when major changes to the installation are made (as appears
to be the case with the recent TeX release). I am not saying that the
changes shouldn't have been made since they appear (from what I have
gleaned from the list) to be important, I just wish that the
consequences were better summarized for people like me. Am I the only
person whose head is spinning? I pity people who are just starting
out. :-)

-- Gary