[OS X TeX] RTF via GUI?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 12 14:43:23 CEST 2005

On Oct 12, 2005, at 6:44 AM, Kino wrote:

> OTOH TeXShop's Typeset menu has several typesetting modes. If you
> are not using them all, you can use one not in use for running
> latex2rtf. For example, if it is Personal Script for LaTeX, open
> Preferences => Misc => type "/usr/local/bin/latex2rtf" -- without
> quotes -- in Personal Script: Latex Program (no default) and click
> OK. Then, that command -- Typeset (cmd-t) with LaTeX and Personal
> Script checked -- will produce filename.rtf from filename.tex in
> the same directory.
>

> The path /usr/local/bin/latex2rtf is the default location when
> compiling it manually. It would be /sw/bin/latex2rtf if you install
> it via fink. I don't know about i-installer but many on this list
> should know.
>

> Kino

Howdy,

finally, you can also build a TeXShop engine file. Go to ~/Library/
TeXShop/Engines/ and duplicate one of the .engine files there (that
will save you the trouble of having to make it executable later).
Rename it latex2rtf.engine and open it in TeXShop. Replace the command
(s) in that file with the proper latex2rtf command ("$1" is the name
of your file---the `"' should be used to protect any spaces in the
file name and you can assume that the compile is taking place in the
directory of that file): e.g.,

#!/bin/bash
latex2rtf "$1"

or add any options you usually use. Then save the file.

You will be able to use that engine by choosing it in the drop down
menu on the source file's tool bar (but not in the Typeset Menu which
isn't dynamic): if that isn't visible Ctl-Click (or Right Click) on
the tool bar and choose Customize Toolbar... from the Contextual
Menu. To make the engine the default one used by TeXShop for that
document add the line

%!TEX TS-program = latex2rtf

at or near the beginning of the source file; then typing Cmd-T will
use that engine for typesetting.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)