[OS X TeX] Open Testing of MacTeX Distribution

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Oct 10 23:17:01 CEST 2005

On 10 Oct 2005, at 3:50 pm, Maarten Sneep wrote:
> ----------------------------
> Jaguar (10.2.8):
> -- -- ConTeXt does not work, or rather texexec doesn't: "Can't
> locate File/Temp.pm in @INC (INC= …)" (line 53 in texexec.pl).
> Seems to be a perl issue.

Yes, this means texexec.pl is assuming the presence of the Perl
module File::Temp, but apparently that wasn't present on Jaguar. It
would be possible to add this to the installer, if someone has time
to figure out how and where; or maybe Hans could be persuaded to
remove the dependency?

> -- -- XeTeX does not work at all: dyld: xetex undefined symbols:
> xetex undefined reference to _nl_langinfo expected to be defined
> in /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib Trace/BPTtrap. Again, the crash log
> is available if you need it.

Right. Sorry - I've had a report or two indicating that the current
build doesn't work on 10.2, but haven't had time to investigate
further. I may manage to get this fixed shortly but can't promise it,
as there are some other pressing things in the office just now....