[OS X TeX] Re: [XeTeX] Re: "I can't find the format file `xetex.fmt'!"

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Oct 10 00:01:07 CEST 2005

On 9 Oct 2005, at 23:36, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 09.10.2005 um 22:10 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>

>> Stay away from per-user configuration and if you choose System-
>> wide make sure you choose Remove to remove old remnants of per-
>> user configs.
>>

> What files will be removed? Only those ending in .cnf? I have in
> the private trees .map and .fd files plus other fonts accompanying
> files. Are they save? Is only ~/Library/texmf/web2c cleaned?

The panel giving you the choice reads:

"You will be configuring the system-wide settings. Do you want to
remove files that individual users have made by running the
configuration commands?

This will remove personal web2c and fonts/map/*/updmap subdirectories
and the tex/generic/config/language.dat file"

Or: web2c directory, language.dat file,and the results of an updmap run.