[OS X TeX] reasonable PSTricks installation

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Sat Oct 8 15:34:12 CEST 2005

Hi Richard,

Am 08.10.2005 um 14:31 schrieb Richard Cattien:

> I already installed PSTricks in $User/Library/texmf/PSTricks and
> was able to compile the test-pst.tex file from the commandline via
> "latex test-pst.tex". I converted the resulting dvi file with
> dvipdf which looked fine. So the main question is how to do this
> out of TeXShop ending up with a nice and shiny pdf file?

you will want to use what used to be called altpdflatex. In TeXShop
you have the option to adjust the typesetting routine to "TeX und
Ghostscript" (in the Setzen menu). You may need to change the
preferences in order to reflect recent anouncements on this list.  Go
to your TeXShop Preferences and click on "Programme". If neccessary,
change these two lines on the right
altpdftex --maxpfb
and
altpdflatex --maxpfb

simpdftex tex --maxpfb
and
simpdftex latex --maxpfb

Although this change is not a must, things might break with future
gwTeX updates if you don't have these settings for the "TeX + dvips +
distiller" routine.

Stephan