[OS X TeX] Re: pTeX

Andrzej Kozlowski akoz at mimuw.edu.pl
Sat Oct 8 08:17:54 CEST 2005

Dick,
Your advice was perfect. Thanks a lot!
I looked into ~/Library/TeXShop/bin just to confirm that  platex2pdf-
sjis was not there. I knew it was not there because I had already
checked that in the past. but what I did not know was that if I
remove the bin directory and restart TeXShop it will be automatically
re-created with the missing files (there were more of these than just
this one). So know everything is working great! (I had already
installed pTex a long time ago).

Now I only regret that I did post this message about a year earlier -
it would have saved me a lot of effort. I just assumed that there
were so few people working in a similar environment to mine that
there was very little chance anyone would be able to help.

I guess I will be more of an optimist next time! Thanks a lot again.

Andrzej Kozlowski