[OS X TeX] Place holders

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net
Fri Oct 7 22:41:15 CEST 2005

About a year ago, I modified some of Will Robertson macros as in

         %Row1
                           option shift K
                    &    option shift K
                    &    option shift K
                    \\

where I used option shift K as a place holder.

Until recently, it worked well in that I could see where to enter stuff
but the remaining "apples" obligingly didn't show on the pdf preview.
(But they did as question marks when I sent a pdf to someone.)

Now, for some reason I wouldn't even try to fathom, it does not work any
more. I don't know when it started but now I too get question marks in
the preview or, occasionally, something that looks a bit like a lower
case delta.

My question is whether there is a character that, like option shift K
used to, would show nicely in the source but not in any pdf.

Regards
--schremmer