[OS X TeX] Re: Open Testing of MacTeX Distribution

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Fri Oct 7 12:15:50 CEST 2005

Herbert Schulz said the following on 7.10.2005 1:47 Uhr:

> The "MacTeX" package is based on Gerben's gwTeX, and also installs
> XeTeX, TeXShop, and more.  The distribution as a whole also includes a
> number of other applications and documents for your perusing and
> installation pleasure.

It's more Feedback than a Bug-Report. But what I am missing in this
whole package is the chance to deselect some of the provided applications.
For example, my simple academic papers only need a basic
TeX-Installation, include in that all packages so far mentioned on
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/%7Ekoch/texshop/installing.html

So installing Context and XeTeX is rather superfluous and locks up
Diskspace, which is why a deinstalling feature inside the mpkg would be
nice.

> So, testing in advance of burning several thousand copies is especially
> welcome.  The download is about 350 megabytes.

Understandable ;-)

> Thanks,
> Karl (for the MacTeX working group)

I am thanking you guys for your time and work

Greetings
Bastian