[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Tue Oct 4 05:21:04 CEST 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 2:40 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> I have updated the TeX i-Package. I ran into trouble optimizing the
> number of times formats and maps are created during the configure
> phase. As a result, it could be that after updating you end up with
> outdated formats and as a result a lot of things fail.
>
> A solution/fix on the command line is running the following three
> commands
>
>     sudo texhash
>     sudo fmtutil-sys --all
>     sudo updmap-sys
>
> In the meantime, I have fixed the configure phase. Less optimal,
> but more robust.

Yesterday (Oct. 2 for me) I downloaded your newest TeX i-package and
updated my installation (expert, 2005); but today, reading your above
message, I checked the .fmt files dates, v. gr.:

-rw-r--r--   1 root  admin  263710 Sep 18 20:48 /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.local/web2c/pdftex.fmt

and so the rest of *.fmt

So I updated (Oct. 3, for me) the TeX i-package (just 126 KB had
changed) and installed it (not clean install, just Install and
Configure), and now I get, for instance:

-rw-r--r--   1 root  admin  263710 Oct  3 21:00 /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.local/web2c/pdftex.fmt

I have already typeset a few documents with different fonts, and
everything is OK.

Best regards,

Axel