[OS X TeX] centering a resized text field

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 3 14:19:04 CEST 2005

On Oct 3, 2005, at 3:09 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> But a better solution seems to be the geometry package. I haven't
> tried it myself (lack of time for experimentation), but many people
> swear by it.
>
> Bruno Voisin

Good
Howdy,

Yes! Truly a wonderful package if you have to make any custom page
layout. Not hard to learn or use. If you change the texwidth and are
using the fancyhdr package set \pagestyle{fancy} AFTER using
geometry; fancyheader sets \headerwidth to \textwidth when you first
call \pagestyle. Otherwise do a

\setlength{\headwidth}{\textwidth}

after setting the geometry of the page.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)