[OS X TeX] Pdftricks doesn't seem to fit with the new gwTeX distribution

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Mon Oct 3 05:41:28 CEST 2005

On Oct 2, 2005, at 9:13 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2005, at 8:47 PM, Vince McGarry wrote:
>
>> That's exactly how I did it.
>>
>> I've compiled both older TeX files I have using both TeX
>> +Ghostscript and pdftex. All my files for the last few years have
>> been compiled under pdflatex and after each update I compile a few
>> test files I have to see if there are any problems. It's been
>> awhile since I've had any major problems with installations
>> operating as expected.
>>
>> Vince
>
> Howdy,
>
> I've run the Configure stage again (and again) and only latex.fmt,
> pdflatex.fmt, and some meta* items are created; no tex, no pdftex,
> no aleph, no omega, no lambda, no jadetex, no jadelatex, etc. even
> though they are checked.

Today I installed the recent GW distribution. Typesetting a Knuth
document (Mathematical Writing, by Donald E. Knuth, Tracy Larrabee,
and Paul M. Roberts), I get with Plain TeX + Pdftex:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.3-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)
\write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./mathwriting.tex [-1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/
pdftex/updm
ap/pdftex.map}] ...

and with Plain TeX + TeX and Ghostscript:

### This is /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/
simpdftex, Version $Revision: 2.18 $
### /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/tex
mathwriting.tex
This is TeX, Version 3.141592 (Web2C 7.5.5)
(./mathwriting.tex ...

So I think everything is OK, right?

Best regards,

Axel