[OS X TeX] Latest TeX and tex4ht problems

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 1 22:16:57 CEST 2005

Howdy,

So far the latest update is very stable for me and, if I'm not
imagining it, runs a bit faster on my `old' 550MHz TiBook. The only
problem I've run into---and I've run into this before---is that now
htlatex is messed up. I usually use the options "html,pic-m+,pic-
tabular,pic-fbox" and now all equations aren't being created; I tend
to get garbled text.

I suspect it's my tex4ht.env file (again!). There are actually three
in my tree. All are located in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/
tex4ht/base/ with one in that directory and two others in a unix/ and
win32/ sub-directory of that directory. I suspect the one in that
directory is the one I had before the update. Can someone please e-
mail me a working tex4ht.env and let me know where it is supposed to go.

My old custom format (rebuilt of course), LaTeX (what I use almost
exclusively now) seems to work fine with all my fonts, XeTeX and
XeLaTeX (used for doing some fancy font stuff for my wife's family
reunion invitations and name tags (no maths) --- beautiful) and even
my Hello World with a \showbodyfont[lbr] in ConTeXt works great.

Speaking of ConTeXt, why does texexec run twice on the trivial file:

\setupheadertexts[]
\starttext
Hello world.
\stoptext

when I wouldn't expect two runs to be necessary; i.e., no cross
references, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)