[OS X TeX] TeX Console in TeXShop

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Sat Oct 1 17:33:40 CEST 2005

Toying around with TeXShop's preferences I discovered those
concerning the typesetting console. I tried the "Show console when
error occurs" setting. There sems to be a small problem: when LaTeX
does not find a file and propmts the user it is not seen as an error
and therefore the console is not displayed...

Is that a bug or a feature? If indeed it is a feature, wouldn't it be
possible to add a third setting roughly like "show console when
interaction requested"? That way the console would only pop up when
the user has to type in something (it would thus mimic the behaviour
of the Log window in Textures)...
--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)