[OS X TeX] "Texify"?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 1 05:10:06 CEST 2005

On Sep 30, 2005, at 4:53 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> Herb,
>
> A novice question: if my .tex document contains .eps file, do I just
> use your script below, or I have to change everything `latex' to
> `altpdflatex --maxpfb' (which I copy from the preference panel of
> TeXShop).
>
> Thanks.
>
> JT

Howdy,

1)altpdflatex goes through the complete latex->dvips->ps2pdf13 cycle
each time while the script calls latex alone, saving a few steps with
each call since you're not interested in the pdf until the final call.

2)altpdflatex --maxpfb is deprecated. It will eventually (TL2005?)
disappear to be replaced by  simpdftex latex --maxpfb. I'd guess the
next version of TeXShop, whenever that comes out, will reflect that
change too. Don't know if you'll have to manually change it if you
update to the upcoming TeX i-install.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)