[OS X TeX] Setting up PDFtricks on MacOS10.4

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Mon Nov 28 23:49:47 CET 2005

I'll preface this with: It's Alive!!! Thank you, Herb!!!

Read on for an interesting matter if you'd like, though. I wish I
could add more to it.

> Huh!?

Yes. ;)

> Did the package download off the net? Did you do an Install and
> Configure?

Yes and yes.

> 1)download the latest i-installer:
>
> <ftp://ftp.tug.org/mirror/ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/ii2/
> II2.dmg>

Yes, I got the latest installer first, before trying to update teTeX.

> 2)After putting the i-installer in you Applications folder, double
> click it and click on the i-Package->Known Packages i-Directory
> menu item. From the window that opens choose Gerben's i-Directory @
> TUG and then double click the TeX i-package. This will download the
> first part of the package. Press Install & Configure and choose
> TL2005. Now comes the large downloads and the need to give your
> admin account password; the latter will come up several times as
> the downloaded packages are unpacked, installed and configured.
> Follow the defaults (well, in the default page you might want
> letter as the default - you were in the US weren't you)?

Here's an added oddity. With the new i-Installer, when I got that
2.27.0 message and moved on, it didn't give me all the options after
choosing Install & Configure. So I've gone back and am reinstalling
teTeX again using the same new i-Installer. This time it gave me all
the TL2005, etc. options that it didn't give me the previous time. I
honestly have no clue why this would be. I really wish I'd taken
screenshots through this whole process. Something clearly very odd
has been occurring. It's not like I've been hand-defining paths or
anything like that that ought to get me in trouble with a mistake.
I've just been clicking on the i-Installer buttons to have i-
Installer handle everything for me. Unfortunately, without the
screenshots, I won't be able to go back and identify things well for
those who write the programs.

> You also might want to get the latest ghostscript package.

Yes, did that.

> Now that I'm saying this... what version of OS X are you using?

10.4.3

Chris