[OS X TeX] Suspicion of TeXShop bug

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Nov 28 21:06:23 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 2:57 PM, Chris Goedde wrote:

> On Nov 28, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
>

>> To add to the stream, I have seen Bruno's problem,
>> intermittently.  After seeing it a few times, I noticed that that
>> the 'black dot' was absent after typesetting, although the
>> displayed (by TeXShop) PDF was unchanged.
>>
>> When I notice this, I either change the file (which usually
>> works), or dump the aux files (which always works), and typeset
>> again.
>>

> One thing I've noticed is that the console window doesn't always
> jump to the front when there is an error (I have show console on
> error set in preferences). In those cases, of course, the displayed
> PDF doesn't change. I wonder if that's what's happening in some or
> all of these cases (it could certainly explain why deleting the aux
> file might fix it, if that were the cause of the original error).

This is most certainly not what is happening in my case. I will be
editing a very short LaTeX file by changing a single number that
specifies the shift of a marked object (using warmread). It will work
2 or 3 times and then it will just stop showing changes in the
preview when I typeset. In the past, I have dealt with this by
continuing to change some numbers until the preview is updated.

-- Gary