[OS X TeX] Setting up PDFtricks on MacOS10.4

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Nov 28 18:30:11 CET 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 10:56 AM, Christopher Allen wrote:

> I don't understand why \usepackage{pdftricks} caused a problem
> because the file couldn't be found if pdftricks.sty is already
> installed. Anyway, I did pick up the new version and place it in ~/
> Library/texmf/tex/latex.
>
> Thanks!
> Chris

Howdy,

The applications used by the original pdftricks to process the
figures sometimes caused the bounding box around the figures to be
too tight and portions of some glyphs were being cut off. The
sequence I use in the ``new'' pdftricks seems to get the bounding box
correct.

In addition, certain figures were being auto-rotated leading to
unexpected results. This is turned off by default in this ``new''
pdftricks but a new option allows you to turn it back on.

There are other options that allow you to set the font size for
embedded text in the figures; e.g., I tend to make figure labels in
9pt when embedding them in a 10pt document. See the documentation
that came in the NewPdftricks folder to use these options since
incorrect use will lead to errors.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)