[OS X TeX] LaTeX fails to find files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 25 11:33:01 CET 2005

Am 25.11.2005 um 10:02 schrieb Steffen Hokland:

> By the way - what is the difference (if any) between:
>
> 'sudo texhash' (which I used to use)
>
> and
>
> 'sudo mktexlsr' (which I - on recommendation - use now)?

There is none. Both are (almost) the same:

	cd /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current; ls -l mktexlsr
texhash
	lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  admin     8  1 Nov 12:10 texhash -> mktexlsr
	-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  admin  5310 26 Okt 22:36 mktexlsr

mktexlsr can become a problem when you have more than one teTeX on your
system, for example Fink's teTeX too. Depending on the search PATH it
might happen that the other mktexlsr is found first and renews the
other TeX's files hash. texhash seems to be quite unique (although I
have to admit that I did not look into Fink's or Darwinport's teTeX
since a long time), so you're on the secure side with texhash.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Ce qui été compris n'existe plus.    (Paul Eluard)