[OS X TeX] where to put them ?

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Thu Nov 24 19:01:06 CET 2005

Le 24 nov. 05 à 17:19, RS a écrit :

> I am trying to use teTex (invisible !) and iTexMax.
> The demo is working, but...
>
> I need to put a lot of format files
> in TeX inputs to compile my own files.

There is no more TeX inputs folders like there is in Textures. The
question is now: are your files going to become formats that will be
dumped (like plain or LaTeX and that in Textures you would the put in
TeX formats) or are they simple inputs?

> But where is the folder ?
>
> Who knows the trick ?

If they are simple inpus then
1. create, if not already created, the folder texmf in the Library
(Bibliothèque) folder of your home folder
2. again if not present create a subfolder called tex and, if your
inputs are for plain tex a subfolder called plain that will then
contain your files otherwise put them in a folder called latex.

So if toto.tex is to be input by plain tex I would put it in ~/
Library/texmf/tex/plain/
and if tata.tex is to be input by latex, then I would put it in ~/
Library/texmf/tex/latex/

> Thank you.

In the hope i wasn't too cryptic...

--