[OS X TeX] Including jpg w/ graphicx

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Tue Nov 22 21:59:17 CET 2005

>  \graphicspath{{~/Pictures/}}

I get the same result with or without the second set of braces. I
trust you all, so I'm sticking with two braces. I had had them
initially. It was only just before that one email that I'd tried it
without them to see if they might be redundant.

> or it may be the ~ that isn't appropriate, in which case
> it need to be the full path:
> e.g.
>
>  \graphicspath{{/Users/rossmoor/Pictures/}}

\graphicspath{{Users/callen/Pictures/}} does something. It really
doesn't like the \ before Users, which makes sense. Like with \string
added before the ~ from above, I get a blank page if I include the
bb= part of \includegraphics. If I leave it out, just using the
viewport= part, I get

LaTeX Warning: File `face1.jpg' not found on input line 5.

Ugh. I'm confused and I feel like I'm wasting a lot of people's time.

Thanks,
Chris