[OS X TeX] Including jpg w/ graphicx

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Tue Nov 22 21:36:02 CET 2005

> You must add braces around the name but the real problem is the use
> of ~ because it's usually active. Try this instead:
> 	\graphicspath{{\string~/Pictures/}}

I'd had the second pair of braces, but LaTeX didn't seem to care, or
at least the error didn't change, so it didn't care yet.

\string seems to do something, though. Hmmm... I'd copied the
graphicspath part from someone else's email a while ago, and I hadn't
deleted \string. It seems odd to me that with \string sometimes I get
errors saying the file cannot be found, but I never got that error
without \string. When it does compile with \string I get a blank page.

Thanks,
Chris