[OS X TeX] Re: EPS files displayed as blank white box with latest TeX version (latex + Ghostscript)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Nov 21 17:03:14 CET 2005

Le 21 nov. 05 à 16:30, Markus Hänchen a écrit :

> As I said, I used the Migration Assistant, so everything should be
> in the same place as before (all .tex and .eps files are in my User
> folder).

Again, probably irrelevant, but just in case: when you do an Archive
& Install of OS X, the whole gwTeX tree in /usr/local/teTeX is
displaced to a location (/Previous Systems/Previous System 1/usr/
local/teTeX IIRC) where it is invisible and can no longer be used.
Which makes me wonder: does Migration Assistant displace the gwTeX
tree inside /usr/local/teTeX to the new computer, and, if yes, is the
executable bit of the binaries inside /usr/local/teTeX/bin set
appropriately and is the ownership correct as well?

Normally, setting the ownership of the gwTeX tree is one of the steps
at the end of the installation of the TeX i-Package in Expert mode.
Given the "experimental" nature of TeX compared with other standard,
GUI Mac software, I must admit I wouldn't have trusted Migration
Assistant to deal with it correctly and I would have done a clean
install instead on the new Mac. Or is this what you did?

For example, inside /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-
current/ I get, from "ls -l",

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root      admin        7 Nov  2 17:10 latex -> pdfetex

Is it the same for you?

Bruno Voisin