[OS X TeX] RE: Newbie TeTex font installation

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Nov 18 16:26:48 CET 2005

On Nov 18, 2005, at 12:51, Arno Kruse wrote:

> Am 18.11.2005 um 12:09 schrieb Martin Henning:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> On Nov 18, 2005, at 1:22 PM, Arno Kruse wrote:
>>
>>> "Die Botschaft hör ich wohl,
>>> allein mir fehlt der Glaube!"
>>> Faust I
>>
>> seems to me u missinterpreteted the TeX system...
>> it is NOT a commercial product u paid for and therefore can expect
>> support :)
>
> Oh, I did not want to stake out a claim. But Gerben announced the
> resolution of a font problem most of us LaTeX-users suffer from for
> years. It would be fantastic, but after all the time I am sceptical.
> In Germany we say "Zu schön, um wahr zu sein", the translation may
> sound a bit like "too nice to be true". And as Goethe, although he
> knew nothing about LaTeX, has formulated this issue so congenially, I
> took his words…

I never announced a solution. A long while ago I said I was
investigating a solution and it was my goal to provide one. Later I
announced that my attempt failed as the tools were not good enough (and
I tried many, up to type42 fonts) and I gave up on fonts. And there are
legal issues.

However, I always stated that if someone else was able to sort the mess
out for me, I would be willing to add it to my setup. This now seems to
be possible.