[OS X TeX] Which encoding should I use?

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Fri Nov 18 10:59:51 CET 2005

moin friedrich...

On Nov 18, 2005, at 12:49 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Especially I hope that my problems with path names and file names
> containing umlauts and spaces could be eliminated when using a more
> MacOS-X-like encoding.

why don't you just give up on this ugly practice? :) seems to me you
are using german stuff, so you might want to switch everything to
iso-latin-1, which is iso-8859-1, i believe. so in texshop
preferences file-encoding to iso-latin-1 (you have to "save as..."
your existing files and choose "ido-latin-1" encoding to convert
their encoding, as texshop isn't capable of changing encoding on
opening the document) and in .tex:

\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc} % mapping für deutsche Umlaute
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}      % mapping für deutsche Umlaute

viel spaß,

martin