[OS X TeX] path name

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Fri Nov 18 08:16:09 CET 2005

Morning.

===== 8>< =====
\documentclass{ltxdoc}
\usepackage{xspace}
\begingroup
\let\\\relax
\immediate\write18{pwd |
awk '{print "\\newcommand{\\path}{" $1 "\\xspace}"}' > tmpdatei.tex}
\endgroup
\input{tmpdatei.tex}
\begin{document}
\path
\end{document}
===== ><8 =====

If I save this file in ~/name, first name/docs/pathname.tex, the
output of \path ends after the colon in /name, firstname/ and the
further path name and directories were ignored. The problem is the
space after the colon

What can I do to get complete path names?

And BTW umlauts are ignored too. What can I do to get right umlauts
in \path

TIA and kind regards. Friedrich

--
MacOS X i like a wigwam: No fences, no gates, but an apache inside.