[OS X TeX] Problem with Printing --> Now: Document Types

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Thu Nov 17 02:34:21 CET 2005

Yeah, good question :)

There are huge amounts written on each of those, depending upon what you want
to know and what application you are applying the knowledge to. Best thing to
do is google your question. Some things that are TeX specific (DVI, PS and
Metafont) are covered well in the LaTeX Companion, but others prefer other
titles. Have a look on the tug.org website for good ones available. Most can
be bought from there or Amazon.

Wikipedia of usually quite good, and getting better. And ask your local geek,
they relish the attention ;)

The man pages offer a huge wealth of information, often technical. The
How-to's are often very useful too, especially when you want to figure out how
to do something with a particular file type.

Mostly, I think, you don't need a lot of indepth knowledge of all the file
types, until you experience a problem, then you learn more :)

Alan

AlphaByte
PO Box 1941
Auckland