[OS X TeX] Problem with Printing

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Nov 15 11:39:36 CET 2005

Am 15.11.2005 um 00:28 schrieb Marcus Michalsky:

> Both tries are made with a EPSON EPL-5900L laser printer connected via
> USB. (not a Post-Script printer as far as I know)

A black&white printer without built-in PostScript is something like a
piece of scrap. (My not so humble opinion.)

> Do you have any Ideas ? Are there FONTS missing ? But when I view the
> document the Math Symbols are there.

This is my idea: put both of your Macs side by side and lauch
i-Installer on both. Now choose "Configure Only" and pay attention that
both are set-up the same way -- and make corrections. I presume the
mistake happend when you were asked whether TeX should download all
fonts. And it has to, since the printer has no fonts built-in.

On the command line you could also invoke these three:

	sudo updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35 true
	sudo updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14
true
	sudo updmap-sys --nohash --nomkmap --setoption dvipdfmDownloadBase14
true

I think the best would be to use the Latin Modern fonts instead of
Computer Modern (\usepackage{lmodern}). They are available to the
system too, so there is hope that CUPS or the EPSON driver will find
these fonts and would rasterize them.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they
start selling vacuum cleaners.