[OS X TeX] Large Figure in Document? (and slow response of TeXShop)

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 13 14:00:59 CET 2005

After doing a restart I have to correct myself: 445MB real memory are
in use, of which 22MB are due to the Activity Monitor, roughly 30MB
due to Sophos and 17MB due to PGPengine., i.e., about 380MB are
system related; VM size is 7.7GB and it will typically increase to
12GB after some weeks. Total RAM is 4.5GB.

Most users will usually have several applications open like Mail,
Preview, Safari, TeXShop, BibDesk, Console, Activity Monitor. After
doing this 680MB of real memory is used without having performed any
tasks with the opened applications. This will change after a few days
or a week, then typically 2.5GB will be in use.

Claus