[OS X TeX] What to do about missing PK font?

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Mon Nov 7 23:52:38 CET 2005

Hi.  I'm using Panther, teTeX (fink), OzTeX 5.2, and
\documentclass{foils} to prepare some slides.

When I include

   {\small $4 \bigl( \frac{8}{9} \bigr)^2$}

I find that I have no problems with processing the file, but when I
attempt to view the .dvi file, OzTeX gives the message

   Missing PK font: cmex7.745 pk

I suspect that the problem is the  \bigl(  and  \bigr)  because those
brackets are missing in the view.

How do I proceed to obtain and install the appropriate PK font?  Or is
there another way to go?

TIA.

---John.
(who receives the digest version)