[OS X TeX] texmf.cnf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 7 14:35:57 CET 2005

Am 07.11.2005 um 14:08 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> TEXINPUTS.pdflatex =
> .;$HOME/Work/Base;$TEXMF/{pdftex,tex}/{latex,generic,}//
>
>  after i make : sudo texhash
>
> but this don't work.  I don't understand why

Two possible mistakes:

$HOME can be unknown -- and don't forget: every user has a different
home. So put instead of $HOME the only true value /Users/ego!

After $HOME/Work/Base nothing follows. This tells TeX to search in this
directory and don't recurse deeper into sub-directories. If your
structure is flat like that, then it's OK; if it leads deeper then ad
//!

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Let's face it; we don't want a free market economy either."
         James Farley, president, Coca-Cola Export Corp., 1959