[OS X TeX] TeXniscope and pdfsync

Thomas Schröder hydrochlorix at gmx.net
Tue Nov 1 10:34:40 CET 2005

Am 31.10.2005 um 16:43 schrieb Claus Gerhardt:

> There might be reasons to use the combination TextMate/TeXniscope
> that I don't know of, since I have never used TextMate. However, it
> is hard to believe that because of the complexity of a document you
> have to switch from TS to that combination.

Well, don't then ;-)

> I used TS for a fairly complex book, 400 p., two indices and
> hundreds of crossreferences, and TS performed all required actions
> accurately with the only exception that I had  to quit and restart
> it after approximately  each hour, since it got corrupted due to a
> bug (in TS?) related with the pdfkit. Usually this happens only
> once day, but using Flashmode accelerates the corruption. But these
> restarts were no big deals.

Listen, I don't want to start a thread about the virtues of TeXShop
and what everybody has been able to pull of with it and what not. I
love TeXShop and what Dick has done with it over the years. In fact I
still use it for some of my other writing needs in TeX, but the truth
of the matter is that in general I prefer TextMate for _writing_ and
that should suffice. It's all about choice, right? Besides, the
problem here lies not with TextMate but with TeXniscope.

Thomas