[OS X TeX] yhmath

Nestor Aguilera aguilera at ceride.gov.ar
Tue May 31 14:21:41 CEST 2005

Dear Pete,

Thank you very much for your concern.

On 30 May 2005, at 13:26, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 30.05.2005 um 16:31 schrieb Nestor Aguilera:
>
>> Is this an installation problem?
>
> Yes! For pdfTeX you need a map file entry for the yhcmex font. The
> entry itself could be
>
> 	yrcmex10	Yhcmex	< yhcmex.pfa
>
> You can re-use the map file for dvips -- you must have one, otherwise
> you won't be able to convert DVI to PS. Maybe a simple 'sudo updmap'
> already helps. If not, then you'll need to find the MAP file that
> contains "yhcmex.pfa" -- the PostScript fonts file name. This MAP file
> can be passed to updmap as
>
> 	sudo updmap --enable Map=<the found name>
>
> The short documentation states that the map file entry should be put
> into psfonts.map. So one last try could help to:
>
> 	sudo updmap --enable Map=psfonts

I don't think this is the problem. Just in case, I did "texhash"
followed by "sudo updmap" in terminal. There were 9 output files,
containing something related to yhmath as follows:

    dvipdfm_dl14.map, dvipdfm_ndl14.map:
       line "yrcmex10 default yhcmex"

    builtin35.map, download35.map:
       ** nothing **

    ps2pk.map, psfonts_pk.map, psfonts_t1.map,
    pdftex_dl14.map, pdftex_ndl14.map:
       line "yrcmex10 Yhcmex <yhcmex.pfa"

But the problem persists.

                                                  Nestor Aguilera