[OS X TeX] Re: Functionality for collaborative work in TeXShop?

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Fri May 27 14:09:22 CEST 2005

>Hello,
>
>I was just asked by a colleague -- TeXShop convert from a few months
>ago -- whether there is in TeXShop a functionality for marking
>changes in a document written collaboratively by several persons, à
>la Word, namely by (assuming I understood correctly, given I don't
>use Word myself for writing):
>
>- Putting in different colors pieces of text written or modified by
>different persons.
>
>- Putting delete bars through deleted text.
>
>I imagine this is not a job for a front-end like TeXShop, and that
>the functionality has instead to be looked for in a dedicated LaTeX
>package. I mentioned the changebar package, but it doesn't do all the
>things my colleague is willing to do.
>
>Has anybody here experience with a more sophisticated solution?
>(Versioning systems like CVS or subversion aside, which would be
>considered overkill and too technical for the problem at hand -- and
>for me as well.)
>
>Bruno Voisin

I'm not sure if this will help, but did you
consider SubEthaEdit? Its most distinguished
features have to do with collaboration editing.
It provides LaTeX syntax coloring and is free for
non-commercial use.

Since collaboration seems to be the  issue here,
it may make sense to use it as an external editor
for TeXShop. There is no command for typesetting
in SubEthaEdit, but a little Applescript may do
the trick.

Luis Sequeira
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>