[OS X TeX] Is there a bigpdflatex?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon May 30 09:50:29 CEST 2005

On 30 May 2005, at 8:59, Martin Costabel wrote:

> Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
>> The texmf.cnf file I (and others) recommended to alter is the one
>> intended to hold system wide user alterations, at least according
>> to  Gerben's instructions. I suppose he knows what he is talking
>> about.
>
> Then it would be all the more interesting to see whether fmtutil is
> actually using this file. I Michael's case it appears not to do it.

By the way: there is not a single texmf.cnf file, but multiple ones,
read in sequence, overriding each other. A base configuration is
installed somewhere rather deep in the texmf-tree, with another one
provided to override those with private settings.

To further help Michel, we'll need the output of the 'env' command on
the terminal, some environment variable may be set that interferes
with TeX. If there are no environment variables set _and_ fink isn't
present, then re-running i-Installer in the TeX i-package (just the
configure phase) and re-applying the patch should be sufficient (and
easiest to explain).

Maarten
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>