[OS X TeX] Is there a bigpdflatex?

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 30 00:07:47 CEST 2005

Michael Hoppe wrote:
>> It could be that this parameter is only taken into account when initex
>> is run. Try creating a new format with the modified settings.
>

> Well, after changing pdf_mem_size to 131072 I ran
>
>     sudo fmtutil --all
>
> That is supposed to create the formats, isn't it?

The problem is that fmtutil is probably not seeing your changed
texmf.cnf. Try "kpsewhich texmf.cnf"; this shows which one fmtutil will
use. If it's not your changed one, you can first try to run "sudo
mktexlsr /usr/local/teTeX" and see if this helps, but otherwise the
simplest way is to replace the original texmf.cnf (after backing it up,
of course) by your modified one. I am pretty sure that there is also a
combination of a couple of TeX's 75 or so environment variables that
will do the trick, but modifiying the original texmf.cnf is faster than
even reading through the list of all possible environment variables.

--
Martin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>