[OS X TeX] Re: [tex-live] texconfig behaviour (repost with subject line) (Modified

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sun May 22 10:33:49 CEST 2005

Le 22 mai 05 à 09:33, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> 2. By default, TeXShop is configured to use pdfTeX which does not
> understand EPS. In TeXShop settings you can for backward
> compatibility switch to TeX+dvips
>
>> On May 19, 2005, at 12:30, Ury Passy wrote:
>>
>> For years I was using the software Textures by Blue Sky. However,
>> with the introduction of Mac OSX I switched to TeXShop. I
>> downloaded your i-Installer but I do not know which package is
>> required for the Latex to recognize epsfig.
>> I wrote the following:
>> \documentclass[11pt,emtex]{article}
>> \usepackage{epsfig}
>> \usepackage{changebar}
>> \usepackage{amsmath}
>> \usepackage{amssymb}
>> \usepackage{latexsym}

In addition it would be better to replace the option [emtex] by
[dvips], or simply omit it, since in TeX + Ghostcript mode in TeXShop
(actually TeX + dvips + Ghostscript) LaTeX will detect automatically
the use of dvips and then select the appropriate option. As for
emtex, it's a distribution of TeX for MS-DOS.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>