Bibtex sorts badly Was: Re: [OS X TeX] makeindex sorts badly with accents

Jonas Wellendorf Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no
Fri May 20 20:56:17 CEST 2005

På 20. mai. 2005 kl. 17.26 skrev Aaron Jackson:

> On May 20, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Jonas Wellendorf wrote:
>
>> Is there a similar way of changing the automatic sort order of
>> individual entries in a bibtex generated bibliograhy?
>
> Not quite sure what you mean, but I use a different bibliography style
> to not have my reference sorted e.g. \bibliographystyle{unsrt}.  I
> suspect that a useful bibliography style (for you) already exists.
> Check out http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/biblio/bibtex/contrib/ for
> plenty of different bibliography styles.

Unfortunately the problem is more complicated.
I use the UTF-8 encoding and a very helpfull person on usenet modified
a csf-file for bibtex8 that enabled me to sort unicode characters to my
liking. But it was impossible to sort Aa as Å (as is customary in
Danish). Then I thought there might be a way to specify this in my
bibtex entry. A way comparable to the syntax used with makeindex (as in
  \index{Åsen at Aasen}).

Jonas

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>