[OS X TeX] pdf<->text synchronization

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 14 23:48:59 CEST 2005

On 5/14/05 3:00 PM, "Adam R. Maxwell" <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:

> On May 14, 2005, at 12:49, Herb Schulz wrote:
>
>> - I agree that we need Cmd-Left/Right Arrow to go to the ends of a
>> line in
>> the text window. Is there a way to have the meaning be different in
>> a text
>> window and a pdf window?
>
> It's possible for each view to implement its own response to key
> events.  Why not install TextExtras and modify your keybindings (if
> necessary) to get this in all Cocoa applications, though?
>
> --
> Adam

Howdy,

I think it's already pretty standard in text oriented Cocoa applications for
Cmd-Left/Right Arrow to take you to the end of the line.

I've actually used one keybinding from TextExtras to implement Opt(alt)-V to
be a page backward with cursor movement (a-la emacs) since Ctl-V is already
there in Cocoa for page forward with cursor movement. Of course there are
already other emacs-like key bindings in Cocoa but I tend not to use them;
too used to Mac after 15 years away from UNIX.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>