[OS X TeX] xetex, bibdesk and bibtex?

Jonas Wellendorf Jonas.Wellendorf at cms.uib.no
Sat May 14 10:10:57 CEST 2005

På 14. mai. 2005 kl. 07.43 skrev Bruno Voisin:

> Le 12 mai 05 à 11:22, Jonas Wellendorf a écrit :
>
>> I use bibdesk and texshop (newest versions for OS X 10.3). I have no
>> problems with the combination latex+bibtex but when I use the
>> combination xelatex+bibtex the characters “ and ” [quotationmarks]
>> and – [m-dash] in my bibliography appear as ``, '' and -- in the
>> typeset pdf-file.
>> On my (Norwegian) keyboard I enter these characters as [alt+n],
>> [alt+m] and [alt+-].
>>
>> How should I enter these characters to get the expected output? I
>> would like to use the same bibtex database for botht ypes of
>> documents.
>>
>> I use the UFT-8 encoding in bibdesk.
>
> I am not sure regarding BibTeX (I don't use it), but regarding XeTeX
> you should make sure the fonts are called with the option
> ":mapping=tex-text", as in:
>
>     \DeclareFontFamily{U}{optima}{}
>     \DeclareFontShape{U}{optima}{m}{n}
>       {<-> "Optima\space Regular:mapping=tex-text"}{}
>
> In case you're using the fontspec package, that should translate to:
>
>     \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Optima Regular}

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately it did not solve my
problem.

I do use the fontspec package. According to the manual the
mappint=tex-text option will make -- appear as –. My problem is that
the opposite happens: – in my bibtex file appears as -- in my finished
document.

Jonas

--
Jonas Wellendorf