[OS X TeX] TeXShop text navigation glitch

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Wed May 11 20:08:28 CEST 2005

I am loving the new TeXShop (especially the sync and hyperlinks
features) and that alone would have made go Tiger (if hadn't already
:-)).

But the new functionality regarding page navigation (Cmd-arrows for
previous or next page in the preview) seems to have broken a basic
keyboard combination that is, or should be, standard in text editing:
e.g.
Cmd-rightarrow used to move to the end of the current line, for
example - and that's how it works in most programs that edit text
(with the exception of, er, Word); more to the point, that's how most
people are by now brain-wired to expect it (I know I am!). This no
longer works in TeXShop.

If there is some hidden preference that lets one set this straight, I
would like to know.
If not, can this be fixed in the next version, please?
By the way, thanks again, Richard, for this great new TeXShop!

Luis Sequeira

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>