[OS X TeX] Spotlight importers

Stephen Anderson stephen.anderson at yale.edu
Tue May 10 14:11:45 CEST 2005

I've just installed Tiger, and I'm still getting up to speed.

I installed the most recent yaced version of emacs, which includes an
mdimporter for LaTeX files.  For some reason, the package installs
the importer module inside the Emacs.app package.  I copied it from
there to /Library/Spotlight with the others, but running mdimport -f
on my Documents directory does not seem to get any of the LaTeX files
there indexed for Spotlight, since none of them show up in searches.
In contrast, the BibTeX file importer module mentioned a little while
ago on this list seems to work, since my bibfiles do get indexed.

What do I need to do to get my *.tex files indexed for Spotlight?

--
Steve Anderson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>