[OS X TeX] Man and info pages in gwTeX

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sun May 8 19:23:58 CEST 2005

Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Are there specific reasons why info and man pages are not added to  the
> corresponding default paths, in the same way as for the bin
> executables, when the TeX and GS i-Packages are installed? Is this
> security-connected?

I don't know if you noticed, but the man/manpath/MANPATH system has
again changed between Panther and Tiger:

On Panther, the MANPATH environment variable was working, but was being
considered with a certain hostility by manpath and its followers. The
one and only configuration file (which was used and written to by GWtex)
was /etc/manpath.config.

On Tiger, the hostility seems to have disappeared, and the config file
is now /usr/share/misc/man.conf; in addition its name is configurable.

--
Martin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>