[OS X TeX] Re: Reply to Bruno (hard wrapping)

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Sat May 7 15:14:05 CEST 2005

> In general I don't like to clutter up the mailing list with messages
> about a mere front end.

Mere front end??  Did you mean miracle?  The new sync system is
particularly amazing.

>> I second the request, made last week-end, of being able to hard-
>> wrap text in TexShop. Possibly a switch enabling "Hard Wrap As You
>> Type", and a command "Hard Wrap", pretty much as for spell checking.
>
> There are two problems with this common request...

I bought an app called SmartWrap a while ago that builds this
functionality into all text windows. It seems silly to pay $20 to
augment a free program, but it's one solution. Wrapping and re-wrapping
is a nuisance, but it's helpful if you share the editing with Linux
users, who usually hate super-long lines.

One of TeXShop's best features is its simplicity. Please bear that in
mind when considering feature requests. People who want a
feature-loaded tool can always use iTexMac.

Larry Paulson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>