[OS X TeX] TeXShop on Tiger: Reply to Bruno

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat May 7 14:40:19 CEST 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 04:40, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On May 6, 2005, at 6:10 PM, Richard Koch wrote:
>

>> In general I don't like to clutter up the mailing list with
>> messages about a mere front end.
>>

> I think this message is _exactly_ what this list is for, rather
> than generic TeX question that get answered anyway.

My sentiments exactly; it's nice to see Mac OS X-specific discussion
here!

> [snip]

[snip more]

>> The second problem is that NSTextEdit wasn't really designed for
>> hard wrapping. There isn't any switch to just "turn it on." So I'd
>> have to force that class to do things it wasn't designed to do,
>> leading to possible problems along the lines mentioned in the "fit
>> to width" discussion.
>>

> This is a harder problem to solve.

You could take a look at how iTeXMac implements it; there are some
oddities in the wrapping, but I use it all the time anyway; see
iTMTextView's wrapText... methods (I think).  It does look
complicated, to say the least.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>