[OS X TeX] Tcl/Tk, Alpha and Tiger

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri May 6 19:48:54 CEST 2005

Le 6 mai 05 à 19:06, Jon Guyer a écrit :

> On May 6, 2005, at 7:17 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> - Is it correct to infer from this page that the portions of Tcl/
>> Tk included in Tiger are all that's required to run AlphaX?
>
> Hopefully Daniel can give answers to the majority of your
> questions, but yes, this should be true. AlphaX does not need or
> use Tk at all. The Tcl libraries that are needed or recommended are
> indeed shipped with Tiger (TclAE, TclApplescript, TclResource,
> TclX, ...).

Thanks for the info. I'll probably just go for the Archive & Install
route (knowing this is certainly overkill, as the overwritten /usr/
bin/wish8.4 is only a 3-lines script). Earlier this week when I last
did that, I took care to note which software installers installed
elements inside /Library/ or in hidden directories, and hence needed
to be rerun after an Archive & Install. Actually there aren't that
many of them: StuffIt, Windows Media Player, Adobe Reader, TeX and
friends, DarwinPorts, QuickTime MPEG-2 component, RealMedia Export
Plugin, NeoOfficeJ, etc. And now the SpotLight importers. Not that
many, thus hopefully that shouldn't take too long.

Thanks in any case to Daniel for his work, since the Tcl/Tk Aqua
distro included in Tiger is indeed based on one he prepared and
submitted to Apple.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>